The default Windows 8.1 Start screen background may look dull and boring for you, here’s how mine looks like before changing:
You will probably get sick of it pretty soon, which means it’s the time for change. Here are 2 simple ways to change your metro Start screen background in minutes.
Method 1: Use desktop background as Start screen background
1. Right click on taskbar and select Properties.
2. In Taskbar and Navigation properties, select Navigation.
3. Check the box of Show my desktop background on Start and press OK.
Method 2: Choose one of the provided backgrounds as Start screen background
1. At Metro Start Screen, move your cursor to the top/bottom right corner of the screen or press Windows key + C to access the Charms bar. Select Settings.
2. In Settings, select Personalize.
3. Select any background that you like. You can use your current desktop background as Start screen background which is located at the bottom right corner, or use any pre-provided backgrounds. Change your background and accent color too if you want.